JOB TITLE: Production Manager
DURATION: 2 weeks, Easter 2014 (TBC)
BRIEF: After the making of a successful pilot episode in 2013, Staff Room has received a ten episode order and will film later this year on location in Manchester for two weeks. Co-written by Adam Brown and Ryan McDermott the show will also be directed by BBC 3 Funny Hunt award winner Ryan McDermott for Wildseed Studios. The show will be released exclusively online in what is set to be one of the biggest and most anticipated sitcoms to debut online.
We’re looking for a candidate with exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills who can oversee the running of the show’s production. You will be responsible for the running of the entire shoot and will be the crew’s first port of call if any issues arise. You will manage a small team of Runners and the Production Assistant and will conduct morning briefings to the crew.
From schedules to taking care of the budget we want you to take charge of the production and work alongside the director and the show’s producers to deliver a successful shoot. The successful applicant will be required to get involved in production from March.
Previous experience in a role of this nature or similar is essential. An understanding of social media would be highly advantageous. The successful candidate must be available at least once a week for a face to face meetings from early March until production commences in April.
Duties will include:
- Meeting the director and producers on a regular basis to examine scripts
- Draw up a production schedule and budget based on the necessary logistics, timings and estimated costs
- Negotiate costs to make sure they come within budget
- Assist in hiring the crew
- Holding a morning brief for the crew
- Arrange any necessary permissions and risk assessments
- Manage the crew and actors schedules
- Making sure that the production runs to schedule
- Controlling and monitoring production spending
- Reporting on progress to the producers
- Dealing with any problems during filming
- Making any necessary changes to the schedule or budget (for example re-scheduling filming in bad weather)
- Making sure that health and safety rules and insurance terms are followed.
Sound like you? Apply Now: email@example.com please include your NAME and PRODUCTION MANAGER in the subject of the email along with your CV, LinkedIn details if available and a covering letter.
Please Note: If you do not receive a reply within 2 weeks of the job closing then please consider your application unsuccessful.